Turn your students into scholars
Do you find that some of your students are ill-prepared in properly conducting research or in writing research papers? For instance, are they challenged in properly evaluating sources or developing a more balanced point-of-view to their assessments and research projects? Do you find yourself taking time away from your teaching plan to review the basics of research?
If so, then check out Questia, a learning tool designed to take the pain out of research and enable your students to ultimately comprehend and synthesize quality source material. With Questia, your students will enjoy…
- Access to accurate, reliable information via an always-available huge digital library of scholarly books and journal articles – no excuses for random web searches or finding proper sources.
- Their own individual digital workspaces to help them better organize and cite their research, an area many students cite as their biggest challenge.
- Engaging and assignable video-based research tutorials designed to demystify the research and paper-writing process in short, digestible segments, leaving you free to focus more on the critical thinking and arguments within their assignments.
- Over 78,000 cover-to-cover cross-curricular books
- Original works like The Scarlet Letter, Hamlet, Jane Eyre, The Red Badge of Courage, Pride & Prejudice, and more.
- Includes content from over 250 of the world’s leading publishers, including Oxford University Press, Taylor & Francis, Princeton University Press and Wiley.
- Student tools include highlighting, note taking, bookmarks and project folders
- Automatically generated citations and bibliographies in MLA, APA or Chicago format drives focus to content, not commas
- Librarian-selected topic pages provide great resrouce lists or starting points for papers
- Our unique research tutorials provide interactive instruction on how to research and properly write papers, with multimedia instructional material available to facilitate different learning styles.
- Select and assign readings for your students to complete
- Select and assign any of the research tutorial videos, or example pdfs– to help your students write better research papers
- From your instructor dashboard, follow your students’ progress and performance as well as automatically export scores into your grade-book.
YES, I want to learn more about how Questia can help my classroom advance.
What educators say about Questia
Robust Research and Paper-Writing Tools
Vast Information Literacy Courseware